George and Judy Marcus Innovation Fund
Marcus Program in Precision Medicine Innovation
2017 Call for Proposals
The Marcus Program in Precision Medicine Innovation (MPPMI) seeks to fuel innovation in precision medicine by fostering creative, high risk, high impact team science projects anchored in basic science and extending into the precision medicine continuum toward improved patient outcomes. See MPPMI Program Overview on the program website.
The MPPMI invites proposals for our 2017 funding in two award categories, Seeding Bold Ideas, and Transformative Integrated Research. Each category:
- supports translational precision medicine research with a strong basic science core.
- requires two or more co-PIs: at least one a basic scientist, and at least one a clinical, social/behavioral or population scientist; either existing or newly formed teams may apply.
- seeks high-risk thinking or approaches that will likely yield explicit “deliverables” (including discovery that the idea was wrong) after one year.
Marcus Program Seeding Bold Ideas Award (MP-SBI)
- Up to $75,000 for one year; eligible to compete for up to $400,000 in year two, if funds are available
- SBI awards enable initial exploration of untested concepts or hypotheses with great potential impact
- Up to four awards granted
Marcus Program Transformative Integrated Research Award (MP-TIR)
- Up to $400,000 for one year; eligible to compete for up to $400,000 in year two, if funds are available
- TIR awards support new directions for established basic science-driven translational studies
- Up to three awards granted
Submission: As a single PDF, via email to Gretchen Kiser at email@example.com no later than Tuesday, February 21, 2017, 5:00 pm PST. NOTE: Include contact PI last name in the file name and put Marcus Award in the Subject Line.
Program contact: Gretchen Kiser, PhD, in the UCSF Research Development Office: 415.502.1665; firstname.lastname@example.org
Call for Proposal link: 2017 Marcus Program