- This automated report will be available effective Friday, October 30. As of that date, institutions receiving specified institutional research training grants, institutional career development awards and research education awards (see specified activity codes below) must submit the automated Trainee Diversity Report electronically with their RPPRs (annual, interim, and final). Please see the official notice NOT-OD-20-178 here.
- The automated diversity report can be generated from either the xTrain module or the RPPR module in the eRA Commons as a PDF.
- The electronically generated Trainee Diversity Report will be implemented through the RPPR submission process for institutional research training grants, institutional career development awards, and research education awards that require appointments through the xTrain system, including the following: T15, T32, T34, T35, T37, T42, T90, TL1, TU2, TL4, K12/KL2, R25, R38, R90, RL5, RL9. For K12/KL2, R25, KM1, and R90 awards NIH will require a manual upload*.
- The Trainee Diversity Report will be most accurate when trainees and other appointees complete their Personal Profile in eRA Commons.
- Demographic information in the Trainee Diversity Report is collected at an individual level through the Personal Profile but is reported as aggregate data. While “Do not wish to provide” is an available option for all users, it is important that trainees understand the value of accurately completing their demographic information for NIH’s goal of creating a diverse biomedical workforce.
- The eRA system will check whether the RPPRs for the specified grant types include an electronically generated Trainee Diversity Report. RPPRs lacking an electronically generated report will not be accepted.
- NIH Trainee Diversity Report Notice
- Video tutorial: https://youtu.be/NOsSjGCPxQU
- *Diversity Report pdf